Policy for Non Marathi Language Bots[संपादन]
Policy for Non Marathi Bots convey it prominently to all old and new bots
- Policy page governing non-marathi bots should be conveyed at
- All non-Marathi Bots please do register yourself with bot name, controllers User name, talkpage, with brief info the work Bot carrying out; source of Marathi words reffered by the bot etc. at mr:Wikipedia:Embassy .
- Other than interwiki linking,prior permission from Marathi wikipedia Burocrats or sysop is must.
- Non-Marathi Bots are requested, to not to carry out any spellcheck/spellchange in Roaman or Devanagari script in Marathi Language wikipedia or wictionary; except in cases of specific request comming from a Marathi Wikipedia Sysop after due consensus at Marathi Wikipedia.
- Where bots or non Marathi wikipedia want to request spell change shall do so first at mr:Wikipedia:Embassy in a separate subsection.
- Non-Marathi Bots shall not carry out any change in any images and pictures or shall not upload any images and pictures without express permission or request to and from Sysops or Burocrat from Marathi Wikipedia with due consnsus and/or requirement.
- संस्कृत, हिंदी तथा किसीभी भारतीय भाषासे मराठी व्याकरण और मराठी शब्द लेखन भिन्न हो सकता है इस लिए अमराठी भाषायी बॉट/बॉट नियंत्रक (मराठी भाषी बॉट के अलावा और किसी भाषा के बॉट नियंत्रक) द्वारा मराठी भाषा विकिपीडियामे शुद्धीचिकित्सा या शब्द '"शुद्धीकरण प्रतिबंधीत है।।
The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live[संपादन]
The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.
The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner
What this means for you[संपादन]
Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.
Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.
Why localise at translatewiki.net[संपादन]
When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.
- Currently 75.95% of the MediaWiki messages and 30.83% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १२:२०, ३० सप्टेंबर २००९ (UTC)
- Currently 76.82% of the MediaWiki messages and 29.34% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १३:२३, १ नोव्हेंबर २००९ (UTC)
- Currently 76.64% of the MediaWiki messages and 31.02% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM १६:३७, ७ डिसेंबर २००९ (UTC)
How can we improve the usability for your language[संपादन]
We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly
The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.
When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.
We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.
PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM १२:२०, ३० सप्टेंबर २००९ (UTC)