सातपुडा रेल्वे ही मध्य भारतातील सुमारे १,००० किमी रुळांच्या लांबीची रेल्वे होती. या रेल्वेचे ब्रॉडगेजमध्ये रूपांतरण सुरू आहे.
After the Great Famine of 1876–78 in central India, the Bengal Nagpur Railway began planning to open a low-cost railway track that would unite the region, allowing both access to the agricultural and mineral resources of the region, further safeguarding the inhabitants should another famine arise. Nainpur was the focal point of the network and was even bestowed with the prestige of being a divisional headquarters for some time. The lines came up in the early years of the 20th century. The first portion of the Gondia–Nainpur line was opened on 13 April 1903, Nainpur and Chhindwara were connected in 1904 and Jabalpur in 1905. The Chhindwara–Pench Coalfield line came up in 1906–07 and the Nainpur–Mandla Fort line in 1909. The extensive network of साचा:Track gauge gauge tracks measured just over 1,000 km.
The section between Gondia and Balaghat was converted to broad gauge in 2005–2006 connecting Balaghat to India's national network for the first time. Work is underway to convert the Balaghat–Jabalpur section to broad gauge. The narrow gauge trains running between Jabalpur and Balaghat were stopped in October 2015 and the track was closed for gauge conversion. The gauge conversion is expected to be completed by 2018–2019. The 85 km broad-gauge track from Jabalpur to Ghunsore railway station was operational in September 2017 and the 28 km track from Ghunsore to Nainpur also has been operational since 2018. Now the work between Nainpur to Samnapur is going on rapidly and expected to be operational in mid 2020.
- R.R.Bhandari. "Railways of the Raj". 10 डिसेंबर 2012 रोजी पाहिले.
- Vohra, Bharat. "Satpura NG Explorer". IRFCA. 10 डिसेंबर 2012 रोजी पाहिले.
- "Nagpur Division" (PDF). South East Central Railway. 10 नोव्हेंबर 2012 रोजी पाहिले.
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 1 एप्रिल 2013. 10 नोव्हेंबर 2012 रोजी पाहिले.
- "India's Satpura Narrow Gauge Lines, 1981". The International Steam Pages. 10 डिसेंबर 2012 रोजी पाहिले.
- "Funds crunch hits gauge conversion work". The Times of India. 27 एप्रिल 2012. Archived from the original on 12 फेब्रुवारी 2013. 10 डिसेंबर 2012 रोजी पाहिले.
- The End Of A Much Loved Indian Railway Line