विकिपीडिया चर्चा:चावडी/प्रगती/जुनी चर्चा १
I want to contibute to this , the only reason is I do not know how to type in Marathi. I have 4-5 marathi fonts with me. Can any one tell me how to do it , so that I can start working.
विकिपीडिया तांत्रिक सुधारणा आवश्यक...[संपादन]
मराठी विकिपीडियावर माहितीच्या सुविहित मंडणीसाठी आपल्याला काही तांत्रिक सुधारणा करणे आवश्यक आहे असे वाटते:-
- शुद्धलेखन दुरुस्त्यांकरता Bots कसे वापरता येतील याबद्दल आपले सामायिक ज्ञान वाढवून मराठी विकिपीडियावरील घाऊक प्रमाणावर शुद्धलेखन दुरुस्त्यांची कामे करणे. उदाहरणार्थ, 'इसवी सन' या शब्दाचे 'इ.स.' हे लघुरूप सुरुवातीपासूनच 'ई.स.' असे लिहिले जाते आहे. या चुकीच्या लघुरूपाचा समावेश असलेले असंख्य लेख, विभाग आणि दुवे सध्या मराठी विकिपीडियावर विखुरले आहेत. त्या सर्वांकरता शुद्धलेखन दुरुस्त्या करायला Bots चा वापर करता येईल.
- साच्यांमध्ये(templates) काही रकाने conditional करण्यासारखे काही प्रगत तांत्रिक बदल आत्मसात करणे. वानगीदाखल 'देश' या साच्यामधील 'राष्ट्रीय प्राणी/ पक्षी' वगैरे माहिती हाताच्या बोटावर मोजण्यासारख्या देशांचा अपवाद वगळता इतर देशांबद्दल (सद्यस्थितीत) तरी नाही; तेव्हा अशा रिकाम्या सोडलेल्या रकान्यांकरता en:Template:Infobox Person या साच्याप्रमाणे त्यांचे दिसणे/ न दिसणे conditional ठेवावे.
सध्या मला या दोन तांत्रिक सुधारणांची कौशल्ये आपण विकिकरांनी आत्मसात करणे गरजेचे वाटत आहे. कुणाला अजून काही सुधारणा सुचत असतील/ या तांत्रिक गोष्टींबद्दल माहिती असेल तर इथे चावडीवरच ती व्यक्त करावी.
--संकल्प द्रविड 19:40, 15 नोव्हेंबर 2006 (UTC)
The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC): we want to hear from you.[संपादन]
Upcoming Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections[संपादन]
- You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.
The Board of Trustees is preparing a call for feedback about the upcoming Board Elections, from January 7 - February 10, 2022.
While details will be finalized the week before the call, we have confirmed at least two questions that will be asked during this call for feedback:
- What is the best way to ensure fair representation of emerging communities among the Board?
- What involvement should candidates have during the election?
While additional questions may be added, the Movement Strategy and Governance team wants to provide time for community members and affiliates to consider and prepare ideas on the confirmed questions before the call opens. We apologize for not having a complete list of questions at this time. The list of questions should only grow by one or two questions. The intention is to not overwhelm the community with requests, but provide notice and welcome feedback on these important questions.
Do you want to help organize local conversation during this Call?
Reach out if you have any questions or concerns. The Movement Strategy and Governance team will be minimally staffed until January 3. Please excuse any delayed response during this time. We also recognize some community members and affiliates are offline during the December holidays. We apologize if our message has reached you while you are on holiday.
Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now open[संपादन]
The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 February 2022.
With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.
There are two confirmed questions that will be asked during this Call for Feedback:
- What is the best way to ensure more diverse representation among elected candidates? The Board of Trustees noted the importance of selecting candidates who represent the full diversity of the Wikimedia movement. The current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Europe.
- What are the expectations for the candidates during the election? Board candidates have traditionally completed applications and answered community questions. How can an election provide appropriate insight into candidates while also appreciating candidates’ status as volunteers?
There is one additional question that may be presented during the Call about selection processes. This question is still under discussion, but the Board wanted to give insight into the confirmed questions as soon as possible. Hopefully if an additional question is going to be asked, it will be ready during the first week of the Call for Feedback.
- Please note an additional question has now been added. There are also several proposals from participants to review and discuss. CSinha (WMF) (चर्चा) १२:२३, २२ जानेवारी २०२२ (IST)
Question about the Affiliates' role for the Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections[संपादन]
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections so far. The Movement Strategy and Governance team has announced the last key question:
How should affiliates participate in elections?
Affiliates are an important part of the Wikimedia movement. Two seats of the Board of Trustees due to be filled this year were filled in 2019 through the Affiliate-selected Board seats process. A change in the Bylaws removed the distinction between community and affiliate seats. This leaves the important question: How should affiliates be involved in the selection of new seats?
The question is broad in the sense that the answers may refer not just to the two seats mentioned, but also to other, Community- and Affiliate-selected seats. The Board is hoping to find an approach that will both engage the affiliates and give them actual agency, and also optimize the outcomes in terms of selecting people with top skills, experience, diversity, and wide community’s support.
The Board of Trustees is seeking feedback about this question especially, although not solely, from the affiliate community. Everyone is invited to share proposals and join the conversation in the Call for Feedback channels. In addition to collecting online feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team will organize several video calls with affiliate members to collect feedback. These calls will be at different times and include Trustees.
Due to the late addition of this third question, the Call will be extended until 16 February.
Movement Strategy and Governance