- 1 Santoshi Tiwari
- 2 Kumbhathon Event in Nashik
- 3 Further Activities
- 4 Wikipedia Club Nashik
- 5 Wiki tour Workshop
- 6 Nashik Wiki Club members - Wikimedia members - Mayor and Deputy Mayor - Kumbha foundation - Winjit Meet Up
- 7 Participants
- 8 Nashik Wiki Community members at CIS-A2K Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training ( मेडीयाविकी आणि ट्रेन द ट्रेनर स्थानिक प्रशिक्षण कार्यक्रम )
- 9 Others
- 10 References
- Working on Wikipedia's Nashik Page. 
- Working on Kumbathon article. 
- Leading an event in Nashik called "Wiki takes Nashik".
-Taking an initiative to start "Wikipedia Club Nashik".
-Working to create more pages related to health.
Kumbhathon Event in Nashik
Kumbhathon, a Seven days awaited event, is being conducted in Nashik. It contains many different projects, out of which, " Wiki Takes Nashik" is the Mega project, the team is working on updating Nashik's page at its best.
- Involve as many school and college students as well as teaching staff.
- Spread awareness about the Wikipedia community and about how to contribute to it.
- Enhance Nashik's Wikipedia page and provide Wikipedia users more information about Kumbhmela.
- Uploading of the pictures of Nashik to give the readers the look and feel of the various aspects of the city.
Achievements till Day 3:
- Connected students and teaching staffs from Purushottam English School, one of the largest schools in Maharashtra in the initiative.
- Foundation of team, the students from different backgrounds.
- Presented the planned structure about "Wiki updates Nashik" initiative before the panel of corporate experts.
- Fruitful discussion with Abhishek Suryawanshi about how to take the initiative forward and create a Nashik Wikipedian Club.
Day 4 at Kumbhathon :
- Conducted the Wikipedia Awareness drive at Bytco College in Nashik Road, asked Students to submit a paragraph with references and be a part of " Wiki Takes Nashik " Campaign.
- Team did a field work and went to different shops and Vendors to spread the Wikipedia campaign drive.
- Worked on Wikipedia Nashik's page.
Day 5,6,7 at Kumbhathon :
- Uploaded photos related to Nashik.
- Interaction with different Nashik's corporate people and Government related to data collection and awareness camp.
- Around 10,000 kb data added to Nashik Page.
- Sudden increase in traffic.
- Raised to 2000 page views per day.
- Had an Interview with Nashik's Local Newspaper Sakal about the progress of the team and further plans.
A general meeting conducted with Abhishek Suryawanshi at Pune on 8th Aug,2015 for further planning of the Wikipedia activities in Nashik. Various ideas and further road map of activities to be conducted in Nashik for data gathering and editing were discussed.
- Participants :
- Points Discussed :
Meeting of all members to be held on every 2nd Sunday of the Month. Documentation of all the activities. Broad topics for activities.
- Execution :
Health to be focused on as key issue for data . More data creation and updating on Local Languages like Marathi and Hindi. New Initiative: Sanskrit language to be introduced. Involve as many editors to create new pages and do quality writing.
- Projects to be targeted:
- Pages Related to Health.
- Women related pages like Women Entrepreneur.
- Along with Text writing, engage people for working on Photos, audio and visual contents.
Wikipedia Club Nashik
Club activities will include:
- Lead fun Wikipedia Orientation workshops
- Periodic Interesting Field Trips to various places (Multiplexes,theaters,car factories,blood banks, etc)
- Increase Content on Languages like Hindi and Marathi Wikipedia
- Engage in collaborative editing to improve quality of articles
- Conduct tours like Wikipedia Loves Nashik
- Organize social events to raise awareness
- Represent Wikipedia at student fairs to recruit new editors and participants.
- Conduct outreach on campus by discussing Wikipedia and other projects with students and faculty.
Wiki tour Workshop
Nashik Wiki Community conducted a workshop on basics of wikipedia called Take-a-tour of wiki at Universal school, Nashik  on 11th February 2016 from 12:30pm to 1:30pm. Around 70-75 students from std 7th and 8th were present and they were excited to learn about wikipedia. The worshop started at 12:30 pm and Santoshi Tiwari initiated it by introducing Nashik wiki community to students. Later, Adesh chopade and Vinita Gangurde took over the mic and introduced wiki world to the students with the help of presentation which was having contents like What is Wikipedia?, Wikipedia origin, Wikimedia foundation, Diversity, Pillars of Wikipedia, how Wikipedia works etc. Students were also introduced to sister projects of Wikipedia like Wikinews, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikibooks, Wiki species, Wikiversity etc. Following presentation, live demo of how to use Wikipedia and its sister projects was shown to students. Session was ended with a quiz round where some questions were asked to students by Mahima gupta and Tejal Gavate and the questions were 1) Who is founder of wikipedia? 2) Who can edit stuff on wiki? 3) Who can delete data on wiki 4) Wikipedia is world's___th biggest wbsite 5) Can you write about yourself on wiki ? 6)Can you advertise your product on wiki ? 7) Can you contact users on wiki ? 8) ____Content is necessary on wiki and the student giving correct answer to the question were rewarded with a chocolate by Surbhi Dusane and the event was closed with clicking a nice photograph.
Nashik Wiki Club members - Wikimedia members - Mayor and Deputy Mayor - Kumbha foundation - Winjit Meet Up
The Wikipedia Meetup Nashik is a Wikipedia/Wikimedia Meetup in Nashik which held on 25th May, 2016. The meetup was held as a part of a series of regular get-together of Wikipedians (contributors and users)- to meet up, discuss ongoing projects, share experiences, reach out and advocate for Wikipedia and Wikimedia and also to plan about further activities.
- Date: 25 May 2016 (Wednesday)
Wiki-Kumbhathon Meeting at Winjit
Time: 12:30 PM to 02:00 PM IST Venue: Winjit Technologies,Nashik
- The session started with Presentation of kumbathon work and Wiki-Nashik project and its outreach activities (Jan 2015 - Jan 2016).
- Brainstormed about how to take the Wiki club Nashik ahead and Planned to have more outreach activities targeting local Schools and colleges.
- Decided to work on Marathi and Hindi articles under "Awareness of local language" project.
- Take workshops and events to aware people about Wiki Sister projects and Wikipedia Application.
Participants: Wikipedians : Santoshi Tiwari, Abhishek Suryawanshi, Yohann Thomas, Smriti Gupta
kumbha Foundation : Sachin Pachorkar, Sandip Shinde, Girish Pagare, Mahesh gujarathi.
Winjit : Ashwin kandoi, Swapnil Dangarikar, Dhanashree.
We also had Ritu david, who is a Data scientist.
Meeting with Nashik's Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Time: 04:30 PM to 06:00 PM IST Venue: Nashik Municipal Corporation, Nashik.
Things that came out of the Discussion with Mayor - Mr.Ashok Murtdak and Deputy Mayor - Mr. Gurmeet Bagga
- Nashik wiki club will move forward to held Wiki-Summit in Nashik. Proposed date : End of July
- Nashik local Government and NMC will be extending great help for logistics and required facilities.
- The summit will be arranged for 200+ wikipedians(Editathon) /Non-wikipedians (Awareness/Outreach activities).
- Nashik wiki club will engage local school students and colleges to participate in editing.
- Meeting with all institutional heads to enhance engagement with them for further wiki activities.
Participants: Wikipedians : Santoshi Tiwari, Abhishek Suryawanshi, Yohann Thomas, Smriti Gupta
kumbha Foundation : Sandip Shinde, Girish Pagare.
Mayor : Mr. Ashok Murtadak Deputy Mayor: Mr. Gurmeet Bagga
Nashik Wiki club - CORE team meet up
Time: 06:30 PM to 09:00 PM IST Venue:Digital Impact Square, Nashik.
Discussion with Core Team and we decided up few things:
- Team will edit 10 Nashik Tourist related pages (in English and Marathi)
- Team decided up to create 5 Art and Culture of Nashik related pages (in English and Marathi)
- 10 new articles on Food joints (from Nashik)
- 5 new articles on Famous personalities on Nashik
- Will be starting Wiki clubs in Nashik schools and colleges.
Participants: Santoshi Tiwari, Abhishek Suryawanshi, Yohann Thomas, Smriti Gupta, Neha Shah, Sailee Jadhav, Dhanashree, Ameya Joshi, Dhiraj Rajput, Shivani Patil, Amol Mahajan, Shubham Bhagat, Suraj Jadhav, Vinita Gangurde, Tejal Gavate.
Nashik Wiki Community members at CIS-A2K Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training ( मेडीयाविकी आणि ट्रेन द ट्रेनर स्थानिक प्रशिक्षण कार्यक्रम )
The Train-the-Trainer and Media-Wiki Training program which was organised by CIS-A2K held oh 28th and 29th May 2016, Pune. Six members from Nashik Wiki Community got the chance to participate in the program and get the training.
The training program included: 1)Enhancing editing skills. These are skills which are more important to a common editor than MediaWiki & Outreach. 2)Media-Wiki Training helped to enhance technical skills. And in Train-The-Trainer focused on leadership skills and how to conduct outreach sessions. 3)Session about how local community (Marathi community) can work together and enhance edits in Marathi. 4)Presentations were given by each participated Wikipedians about their work and contribution.
- Date: 28th and 29th May, 2016
- Time: 10.00 am to 05.30 pm
- Venue: Hotel Ambassador, Pune. S No 1125, Near BSNL Telephone Exchange, Off Fergusson College Rd, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411016
- Proposed the bid for Wikiconference India 2016.
- Member of Wikimedia India Foundation.Membership ID : INDI- 654
- Nominated for Wikimedia Chapter Executive Committee Elections-2015
- Organize Nashik Community regular Meetups and tracks activities Update- Nashik Meetups and activities
- "Nashik City".
- "Kumbhathon-We are on".
- [Wiki Tour workshop at Universal school Nashik]
- [CIS A2K TTT & MWT program]