(सिरसी (कर्नाटक) या पानावरून पुनर्निर्देशित)
| ?सिर्सि (ಸಿರ್ಸಿ)|
कर्नाटक • भारत
|— नगर —|
|११.३३ चौ. किमी|
• ५९० मी
• आरटीओ कोड
• KA - 31
सोंडा राजवंशाच्या काळात सिरसी हे कल्याणपट्टण या नावाने ओळखले जात असे.
सिर्सि तालुक्यातील महत्त्वाची ठिकाणे[संपादन]
- बनवासी, the capital of an ancient kingdom in Karnataka (state) ruled by the "Kadamba" dynasty is 24 km away from the Sirsi town center. Banavasi is considered as the "first" capital of Karnataka state, with the current capital being बंगळुरू. Although most of the ancient grandeur of the dynasty in Banavasi has been lost, an ancient temple for Madhukeshwara (Lord Shiva) is still largely intact, and has been declared a monument of historical importance by the Archaeological survey of India.
- सहस्रलिंग, (Sanskrit for a thousand Shiva (deity) Linga's) is another place of singnificance, where scultptures carved from stone are installed in the middle of a flowing river. The river is surrounded by lush green forest; the place is about 10 km away from the town center. The place is quite secluded, except during "Maha Shivaratri" celebrations when it receives a sizeable number of pilgrims from the surrounding areas.
- सोंदा, famous for its Sri Vadiraja Matha, and the Swarnavalli Mutt are about 15 km away from Sirsi.
- उंचल्ली धबधबा, (also known as Keppa Joga, referring to the other more famous waterfall nearby, Jog falls) is situated about 30 km from Sirsi, and is one of the biggest tourist attractions near Sirsi. The waterfall is a 116 meter drop and offers spectacular views at all times of the year.
- Shivaganga Falls
- Burude Falls
- Yana is a nature's wonder. Archived 2009-02-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Benne Hole falls
- Pancha linga
- Ganesh Paalu
- Mattighatta falls
- Waate Halla falls
- Muregaar falls
- "Vedic vana" Bakkala
- Kumbri gudda(hill)
- Musukina baavi
- Manjaguni Devasthana
- Giligundi cave
- Mabgi falls
- Batrashi Gudda
- Baroor Kenchagadde
- Jog falls
- a sacred place of Shri Shri Vadiraja swami, by name TAPOVANA is a superb place to visit
बाह्य दुवे (हे इंग्लिश मध्ये आहेत )[संपादन]
- State Government website on Sirsi Archived 2012-12-18 at Archive.is
- Blog by Ravikiran on Sirsi
- More information about Gopal Krishna Temple Sirsi Archived 2011-07-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Marikamba Temple of Sirsi by Dr.Jyotsna Kamat
- Heche karnataka a small village with kadamba history.
- Oficial Shri Marikamba Website Archived 2011-07-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- Sirsi Local Website
- blog by a sirsian
- Sirsi on Google Map
- Sonda Vadiraja Mutt Archived 2010-11-21 at the Wayback Machine.